Deliver Opportunities to Patients
Physicians help connect patients to clinical trials.
- Physicians are needed to monitor patients’ progress, report any adverse events, and work together to ensure we, as healthcare overall, deliver the best opportunities to our patients
- When a patient is considering a clinical trial, they will most likely have many questions for their current physician. Below you will find information that may help you and your patients have an informed conversation about clinical trials
Why do you need my help identifying patients?
- Some clinical trials are studying medications in patients who are in early stages of their disease or just getting diagnosed
- This means that some of these patients have not been treated with anything yet, and because this type of patient is less common for study doctors, we need help of Primary Care Physicians to find patients for these types of trials
What are the potential risks for my patients?
- Potential greater time commitment as there may be more tests and visits
- No improvement in their condition is possible
- New and unexpected side effects are possible